A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web would be a much more frustrating experience.
If you would like to opt out of the cookies, kindly use our website in incognito mode.
BusinessRocket, Inc . provides business registration, management and consulting services. We understand that by using BusinessRocket, Inc, you place your trust in us to handle your data and personal information appropriately, including your personal information and your business’s end users.
We want to make sure that you have all the information necessary about how we process—a fancy way of collectively saying use, collect, transmit, store, share, and erase—personal information, which does not include anonymized or aggregated data, so you can make an informed decision about how you want to interact with our products and services.
Table of Contents
Personal Information We Process and How We Process It
How We Use Personal Information
How We Share Personal Information
Where We Store Personal Information
Other Important Information About Your Personal Information
Your Choices About Your Personal Information
- Personal Information We Process and How We Process It
The personal information we process depends on the products you use and how you access them. We process information when you directly interact with BusinessRocket, Inc in the following ways:
Filling out an application and creating a BusinessRocket, Inc Account
Filing out a form with your personal information on the BusinessRocket.net or BusinessRocket.com website.
Browsing BusinessRocket.com or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.
Using our iOS or Android mobile apps
Connecting accounts to your BusinessRocket, Inc Account
Calling, chatting, or interacting with BusinessRocket, Inc (such as Customer Experience or Sales, or texting us a copy of a receipt)
Interacting with us at a conference or event
Information needed to apply and create a license for your business. If you are opening a permit or license on behalf of a business, we need to process a certain amount of preliminary information about you, your business, and individuals associated with your business to create a license or permit to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. When you apply for a license or permit, we may process:
Your title or role on your team
Your phone number
Information related to your business, including the business’s legal name, address, Employer Identification Number (EIN), and certain individuals who have an ownership interest in your business.
Bank account information
Other information pertaining to your identity such as copies of a passport, driver’s license, or other national ID
Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) or your Social Security Number (SSN)
Personal information provided to us from third-party companies we partner with to offer services to you (see below)
Information needed to use our products and services. We need to process personal information when your business assigns you as an authorized company contact or otherwise allows you to communicate about our products and services (for example as an employee or authorized representative). To use these services, we may process:
Your phone number
You position in the company
Your ownership percentage in the company
Information automatically processed when you visit our websites or use our mobile app. We process personal information automatically when you visit our website or use our mobile app to make our services work, to prevent fraud and enhance security, to understand your preferences, and to tailor services to you for the best possible experience. We may process:
Browser and device information.
- IP address
- Mobile and other hardware or device identifiers
- Operating system
- Browser information, such as type and version
- Referring and exit pages, including landing pages and pages viewed
- Device event information, including crash reports, request and referral URLs and system activity details
Information about your use of our website or mobile app.
- Your location
- What you click on and what you type, time you spend on our websites, and other user experience information
- Provide you services such as those that allow you to chat with our Customer Experience team
- Perform website analytics
- Improve the advertisements you see
- Prevent fraud and prevent attacks against our websites and services
- Advertise BusinessRocket, Inc products and services, and additional products and services from our partner companies
- Websites you visit
- Length of time the advertisement was visible
- IP Address
- Which forms you filled out
- How many times you visited our website
- Your exit pages
- Your usage reports
You can block these at any time using you web browser settings, but doing so may limit browsing experience and your ability to use certain features of our services.
Information processed when you interact with BusinessRocket, Inc teams. We may process personal information about you when you call, chat, email, or interact with members of BusinessRocket, Inc teams (such as Customer Experience, Sales, or Marketing), including:
- Your name
- Your email, phone number, or other contact information
- Content of your communications and survey responses
- Your business information
Information processed when you enter into a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion. We may process personal information when you enter a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion to administer those programs, including:
- Your name
- Your email, phone number, or other contact information
- Other personal information required for you to participate
- Other business information required for you to participate
Information Processed from Our Business Partners and Service Providers
We process personal information we receive from financial partners, government agencies, identity verification services, and other third-party service providers, and information you share with us about your use of their products and services:
- To comply with regulatory and reporting obligations
- To facilitate your use of our products or services, or other products and services
- To conduct fraud monitoring, prevention, and detection
- To fulfill commitments to our business partners
- To fulfill a request made by you
Information necessary to comply with regulatory and legal requirements. When you open a BusinessRocket, Inc Account as a business owner or an administrator on behalf of a business, or you provide information as an individual with an ownership interest in a business, we process personal information we receive from identity verification services and other third-party service providers that we must keep to comply with the law, including:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your SSN
- Your current or previous addresses
- Your date of birth
Information processed to integrate third-party products and services with your BusinessRocket, Inc Account. When you choose to link your BusinessRocket, Inc Account with products and services provided by our business partners, we process personal information we receive from them to ensure our products and services work properly together.
- How We Use Personal Information
We process your personal information for the reasons stated specifically in this policy, but we may also process personal information processed about you to:
Operate our business and provide tailored services to you.
- Communicate with you about the products and services by phone, text, email, or chat
- Monitor, prevent, and detect fraud or unauthorized activity
- Secure our systems and products
- Mitigate financial loss, claims, liability, and other harm to our users, BusinessRocket, Inc, our partners, or third parties
- Manage, operate, and improve the performance of our products and services
- Provide you with tailored recommendations
- Identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs and errors
- Facilitate reporting, analyzing performance, and auditing
- Understand how you use our services so we can make enhancements or improvements
- Facilitate business relationships or comply with contractual obligations
- Comply with our regulatory, legal, and compliance obligations
- Advertise or market services and products to you
- Determine eligibility for, calculate, and provide BusinessRocket, Inc Rewards
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties
- If you elect to share information about your geolocation, we will use this information to enhance the security of our products and services and to prevent fraud
Provide you with support.
- Help identify and troubleshoot problems with your Business
- Survey your opinions through surveys or questionnaires
- Communicate with you and respond to your specific requests or questions
- Manage and send you notifications, confirmations and important information about your business and our products and services
Anonymized and aggregated data. To better target advertisements, improve, and market our products and services, and for other promotional purposes, we may reasonably transform personal information into de-identified information removing or masking information that could be used to identify you and by aggregating or combining de-identified data with other information. If you don’t want us to use your data in anonymized or aggregate form, contact us at privacy@BusinessRocket.com
- How We Share Personal Information
- To operate BusinessRocket, Inc’s products and services or support general operations of BusinessRocket, Inc’s business
- To integrate the products and services of our business partners with your BusinessRocket, Inc Account
- To use third-party cloud services to host our website and store the information we process about you
- For any other legitimate business purpose
Sale of Personal Information. In order to maximize your experience with BusinessRocket, Inc, we may share or sell your information to third party vendors as we see fit. The sale of information shall only be for business purposes and shall be for the purpose of adding a product or service to the user personally or the business they have or plan on registering.
Making a payment. We share some personal information about you, such as your name and information about the payment method, with creditors or third party companies.
Anonymous or aggregated information. We may share anonymized or aggregated information, or other data that does or does not directly identify you or your business, with third parties.
Affiliate sharing. BusinessRocket, Inc. may share personal information we process about you with other BusinessRocket, Inc companies to provide additional services to you, determine eligibility for new products and offers, and for other legitimate business interests.
Service providers. We share your personal information with our service providers who operate and provide services on our behalf. These service providers need access to your personal information to perform information processing, manage or enhance our customer information, tailor services to you and your preferences, and perform other services related to our business. We work with our service providers to make sure that they do not sell the personal information that we share with them.
Financial and business partners. We share personal information to facilitate the services we provide to you with our business and financial partners.
Merchant issuing partners. BusinessRocket, Inc partners with MerchantChimp and other banks to issue merchant services to you. BusinessRocket, Inc owns and controls the transaction data and other personal information we share with card issuing partners. We share the personal information you provide with your application for a BusinessRocket, Inc Account with our card issuing partners to comply with our contractual obligations and to facilitate compliance with their and our regulatory obligations. Our card issuing partners do not sell or use your personal information or use any related data to market or to develop products and services, or for any other purpose not authorized by us.
Credit reporting agencies. We share your business information with credit reporting agencies to verify information about your business and to report on your business’s performance, which in some cases may contain personal information.
Partnerships and referrals. We share personal information to facilitate referral partnerships. For example, if you were referred to us through an organization we may provide confirmation to that organization that you opened a BusinessRocket, Inc Account with us, and information relating to your BusinessRocket, Inc Account activity solely for the purpose of calculating any referral fees we owe related to the referral.
Accounting and expenses integrations. We offer integrations with many popular accounting services (such as QuickBooks Online, Xero, and Netsuite). We share information with those services solely as directed by you, your users, or authorized representatives.
Compliance and compelled disclosure. We may share personal information:
- to comply with applicable law, regulation or payment network rules
- to enforce our contractual rights
- to protect the rights, privacy, safety and property of BusinessRocket, Inc, you, our customers, our business partners, or others
- to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence. When complying with court orders and other similar legal processes, BusinessRocket, Inc strives for transparency. We will make reasonable efforts to notify our customers and users of any disclosure of their personal information, unless we are prohibited by law, court order, or exigent circumstances prevent us from doing so.
- Where We Store Personal Information
If you ask us to delete specific personal information (see “Your Choices About Your Personal Information” below), we will honor your request unless deleting the information prevents us from billing for our products and services, calculating taxes, conducting required audits, or carrying out other legitimate business functions, or we are required by law or contractual obligation to keep that information.
- Other Important Information About Your Personal Information
Security. We use organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information; however, no data security program is entirely secure. Please contact us immediately if you believe that your personal information or any other confidential information that you have provided to us is no longer secure or has been lost or stolen. If we confirm that there has been a breach of personal information or confidential data related to you, we will notify you.
Use by minors. If you are under the age of 16, you may not have a BusinessRocket, Inc Account or use our products or services. We do not knowingly process any information from, or direct any of our products or services to children under the age of 16. Please do not provide us with any personal information related to children under the age of 16.
- Your Choices About Your Personal Information
Electronic communications. You may choose not to receive promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe/opt-out instructions in those emails, but we may still send you non-promotional messages relating to information about your our products and services such as updates to our platform agreement, privacy notices, security alerts, and other notices relating to your access to or use of our products and services.
Deletion or closure of a BusinessRocket, Inc Account. You can close your BusinessRocket, Inc Account at any time per the terms set out in our Platform Agreement. If you are a BusinessRocket, Inc Account administrator, please contact Customer Experience to close your BusinessRocket, Inc Account, otherwise please contact your business’s administrator to have your access to BusinessRocket, Inc Cards deleted. Closure or deletion of your BusinessRocket, Inc Account will mean that you permanently lose access to the BusinessRocket, Inc Account, personal information, and data associated with the BusinessRocket, Inc Account. Certain personal information or de-identified information associated with your business’s BusinessRocket, Inc Account may nonetheless remain on systems owned or maintained by BusinessRocket, Inc where required to comply with the law or our contractual obligations.
Application rejection. To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, we retain certain personal information associated with rejected applications for a BusinessRocket, Inc Account.
California rights. If you are a California resident, you have certain rights over the information that we have about you. Starting January 1, 2020, you can:
- Access a copy of any personal information we have about you
- Delete any personal information we have about you when we do not have legal or contractual obligations to keep the information
- Correct any personal information we have about you either in your settings, contacting your BusinessRocket, Inc Account administrator, or by contacting us as provided below
Exercising your choices. To exercise your choices about your personal information, please contact us at our Customer Experience team at (888) 700-8213 during available support hours. If you are an end user of BusinessRocket, Inc’s services and not a direct customer of BusinessRocket, Inc (for example, your business uses BusinessRocket, Inc and you’re an employee or authorized representative of that business), you should direct requests relating to your personal information to the administrator of your business’s BusinessRocket, Inc Account. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
Sale of personal information (“Sell My Personal Information”). We do sell your personal information.
- Contacting Us
If you have concerns, questions, or would just like to better understand our privacy practices at BusinessRocket, Inc, please send an email to privacy@BusinessRocket.com or if you prefer to contact us by mail, please write to BusinessRocket, Inc Inc., Attn: Legal, 15442 Ventura Blvd., Ste 101, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403.